Why Belize? – 35 Reasons to Invest Far beyond the obvious and compelling reasons to invest in Central American real estate, Belize offers amenities which no other country can match.
• Rest easy knowing that Belize is the only English-speaking country in Central America.
• Experience a seamless transition in your daily activities at the English-speaking markets.
• As a result of its native tongue, Belize and its citizens enjoy higher education levels.
• North American customs and courtesies are much more prevalent in Belize.
• If English is not your native language, Belizeans also speak Spanish and Creole.
• Due to the melting pot of cultures that make up Belize, social tolerance levels are high.
Secluded, Not Isolated
• The flight from Miami, Florida to Belize City is a mere two hours.
• Enjoy direct flights from seven U.S. cities, Toronto, and Cancun.
• Belize presents an investor’s dream and is in the “Path of Progress.”
• City expansion to include a new airport makes Belize highly accessible.
• Lucrative real estate opportunities exist all over Belize as development increases.
• Coastal islands offer more opportunities than even mainland Belize.
Cost of Living
• Your purchasing power is double that in the U.S.
• The purchasing power in Belize is greater than that of Mexico, Panama, and Costa Rica.
• Following suit with a cheaper consumer market, Belize’s real estate is also a bargain.
• Belize’s location isolates it from the hurricane zone, experiencing only one storm per four years.
• Belize’s world class barrier reef diminishes the wear and tear from the saltwater air and winds.
• American “Baby Boomers” are investing heavily in the Caribbean and in Central America.
• The beauty of Belize is still relatively unknown, making it “Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret.”
• Forty percent of the country contains protected wildlife reserves and national parks.
• There is an abundance of ecotourism attractions due to the protected parts of the country.
• Unbeknownst to most, the Belize Barrier Reef is the most active in the Western Hemisphere.
• Citizens and non-citizens possess the same property rights across Belize.
• Individual, joint, corporate, IRA, and trust ownership opportunities are available.
• You have the ability to insure your clear title with U.S. companies such as American Title.
• Clear title rights are not common across Central America and other world vacation locations.
• Belize boasts a stable government.
• The peaceful nation maintains friendly relationships with its neighbors.
• Belize achieved its independence from Britain in 1981.
• The democratic political structure with the establishment of a parliament compares to Canada.
• Belizeans pride themselves in keeping their country safe and welcoming to others.
• Tax breaks exist for those wanting to invest and live in Belize full or part-time.
• The QRP program permits those 45 and older who live more than 30 days these breaks.
• Qualified retirees may be eligible to receive expedited residency status.
• Belize pegs their currency 2:1 to the U.S. dollar, locking exchange rates.
The only question to ask yourself is why haven’t you already invested in beautiful Belize?